Tuesday 27 March 2012

Organisation - good for the soul

Well hello there my beauties, hope your all fabulous!

I've been trying to organise a few things this week (not all successfully) firstly some actual organisation of the storage sense. My daughters have an Ikea storage unit which has big tubs that slide in and out, its great you can fit loads in but its way too easy to just pull out a tub chuck in the mess and before you know it their full of crap. So I've started making some drawstring bags so that the different kinds of toys are separate (this may sound slightly OCD but my girls have so many bits and bobs type toys that get everywhere) I've only done a couple so far for their barbies but its working so far. Also I plan to put a tutorial up for these soon because they are so useful and simple to make, these I made from a duvet cover.



Next I turned my attention to my growing collection of craft books don't get me wrong I love to come up with ideas and put a spin on things but sometimes Its good to get a spark from somewhere. I'm always looking through these books and going "oooo I'd love to make that for me/the girls/the house" and then put the book away, so I have made a point of picking one thing I'd like to create from each book and writing it down on a list to prompt me into making them.
The first on my list Chic on a Shoestring - Mary Jane Baxter (I picked fairly achievable makes to start me off ha ha) this book is awesome I love everything in it, I have made the Sweet and simple fabric flowers, their ace, easy and can be used on anything.




One of the other main tasks I've been meaning to crack on with is re shooting pictures for all of my makes I started this today, I want to have a white background to emphasise the products themselves but I can't quite get the lighting to be consistent which is annoying but hey at least I finally started.

Lastly I wanted to be super organised by going to see The Hunger Games the day it came out but no one could go so I STILL haven't seen it sad times.

Lastly a couple of questions alot of the blogs I follow talk about their sponsors and guest blogging being fairly new to all this I'm not one hundred percent on how these things work, any help?

No comments:

Post a Comment