Tuesday 21 February 2012

The wheel is slowly turning....

Its that time of the week again when I ramble on my blog, its also pancake day what a Brucie bonus, unfortunately we decided to test our pancake making skills last night and I think I overdid it on the banana pancakes and nutella (bloody good though) so may give them a miss tonight!

I thought I had finally finished my daughters bunk bed curtain so I hung it up and realised half of it looked totally empty so not wanting to be half a job Bob I took it down and now need to fill the mass of empty space. By the way those of you thinking this may turn out to be some major work of crafting magic.........DON'T you will be hugely disappointed, its only taken so long because its one of those jobs that's always being passed over for something else. Hopefully one day very soon though I will finish it, be proud and feel a crafty weight lifted from my shoulders, having said that my most demanding customer and critic (my 4yr old) has put in specific orders for seat cushions and giant floor cushions so be prepared for more of my everlasting projects!

Fast Forward............
I wrote the latter this morning to finish this evening and in that space of time I have SURPASSED MYSELF COMPLETELY!!!!

The said seat cushions that my daughter demanded of me are finished, I actually stopped thinking about what to do and just did it for a change and I managed to make a pair of cushions from start to finish in about an hour!!! (for me this is astounding)



I was so proud I had to take pictures on my phone and show a (completely bewildered) friend. But don't look too closely the applique is fairly squiffy I made my first attempt at machine applique ...... and hats off to you crafters it will definitely need practise!

well that turned into a monster blog apologies.
Lesson of the week - stop thinking so much about it JUST DO IT!!

p.s do not follow that advice if what your thinking about is dumb or illegal my blogs do not stand up in court as self defence.

No comments:

Post a Comment