Tuesday 14 February 2012

The cheesiest post your likely ever to see on my blog!

Valentines isn't really my cup of tea these days my husband and I have always given cards and that's about the extent of it. I hate to sound like an old biddy but I like to think meals out and little love tokens should be a fairly regular occurrence not a Valentines, anniversary and birthday treat. I can by no means afford to be dining out every week (nor could I get the babysitters) but I want to go out because we want to not because that's what people do on valentines.

Having said that its also not really about the meals out and gifts its the things that cost nothing which mean the most, anyone can take someone to a restaurant or buy some earrings but if you can't hold hands in public and be proud to love someone then whats the point?
Now that we have children something as simple as spending time together in the evening is appreciated whether its curling up together to watch Tudors (totally addicted) or eating a late tea on our own.

Remember love costs nothing a little note left on a pillow (please get milk doesn't count I'm afraid), a kiss given for no reason at all or telling someone their amazing is one of the best gifts you can give when your truly in love!

Though if you are not as cynical as me and your being taken out and spoilt have a truly wonderful time!

No comments:

Post a Comment