Sunday 22 January 2012

chunky bolognese too good not to share

Without a doubt I could happily eat pasta every day and bolognese is my favourite sauce, so I thought I'd share my own version with you guys. I'm not keen on the traditional version which is very finely ground meat so I make a chunky version.
(sorry its not a very precise recipe I add splashes and glugs to my own taste)
you will need:
lean steak mince (I buy 800gm packs)
pancetta lardons
onion
pasata (with basil and garlic)
tin of chopped tomatoes
knorr beef stock pot (not the dark one)
mushrooms
peppers (red,green or both)
courgette
celery
herbs de provence
balsamic vinegar (just a splash)
worcestershire sauce
sweet chilli sauce
paprika
red wine
ok so thats quite alot but they are things I tend to have lurking in my cupboards.
chop then soften the onions in a pan then add the mince, pancetta and a sprinkle of herbs, once the meat has browned a bit add a glug of wine and the stock pot once cooked through add the veg (chop however fine or chunky you like). let this cook for a few mins then drain the tin of tomatoes and add them in.
Next pour in your pasata, splashes of worcestershire, balsamic and chilli sauce, another pinch of herbs and a BIG pinch of paprika then give a massive stir. Turn the heat down and simmer for as long as you like 10 mins for a speedy tea or an hour or so for for a reallllllly tasty meal.
its great with linguini or last night I used it to make a lasagne......lush!


1 comment: