Tuesday 22 May 2012

I shall get into the book vs kindle debate some other time

Mainly a photo blog tonight guys partly because I've made several bits and bobs and also I am keen to get watching the latest episode of Supernatural (guilty pleasure........actually not that guilty have you SEEN Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki).

So I attended the first Swindon spring vintage and craft fair the other weekend and It was a tad disappointing, don't get me wrong the fair itself was great some of the stalls were totally awesome, artists, vintage clothing, and handmade cake stands not to mention the almond and vanilla cupcakes (YUM) but the turnout was pretty awful. I think it was just a bit too far from the town for people to wander to and it happened to be indoors on the only sunny day for weeks! But hey you have to go to these things because you never know.

anyway this was my stall (really must purchase some display stands)....


Other than that I haven't been up to anything majorly exciting still running, making a few customer orders (photo's soon), looking into hen activities for a VERY stubborn hen (love her to bits honest) and starting to get school things for my eldest daughter, I cannot believe she is starting school very scary stuff, makes me feel all grown up.

Also this week I tried my hand at a Kindle cover for my Mum, I was fairly pleased with the results for a first try the design needs a few tweaks but I've worked them out now so can crack on with a few and add to my Folksy and Etsy shops. I used Cath Kidston fabrics, ribbon and wadding, though on future ones I am going to use much thinner wadding and line with fleece/minky fabric.

This was my attempt.....


And finally here are a few of the things I've been making.....


Wall Garlands


Boudoir eye masks


More wall garlands


vintage pin cushions and lavender bags





And some rather fetching noticeboards.

Au Revoir me beauts x

(if you would like details on buying any of these items please see my contact details tab)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment